Summer has just begun in our country and thousands of people are already prepared to enjoy this intense heat in the swimming pools.In this sense, it is pertinent to talk about the importance of showering before entering the water, since, despite its mandatory nature, many people decide to skip this step, putting their health at risk.
And it is not a simple opinion, according to the specialized portal Swim Guide, "only 30% of people always shower before bathing in a pool."In most cases, the reasons for the other 70% for not doing it are related to the perception that it is not really such an important action.However, this is not true. 0.8mm Pvc Pool Liner
The main reason to shower before entering the pool is found in chlorine, a substance that as we all know is placed in the water to prevent the spread of microbes and outbreaks.Although it can also be combined with what comes out or comes off the body of swimmers, such as sweat, dirt, urine and other personal hygiene products, such as deodorant and makeup.
Showering before entering the pool is very important.Photo: Twitter @ecuavisa
This can lead to two very serious problems.For starters, this combination reduces the amount of chlorine available to kill microbes, which ultimately affects the health of the water;and it also forms chemical agents called chloramines that, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, cause irritation to the eyes and respiratory system, causing coughing or asthma attacks.
In this sense, showering before entering the pool is very important because it removes sweat, traces of makeup, creams or other compounds that, when in contact with chlorine, generate the health problems mentioned above.
During the summer many people go to public swimming pools.Photo: SERPAR
Another problem associated with this type of exposure is the absorption of chemicals through the skin or the risk of ingesting them through the water.According to research published in the International Water Association's Water and Health magazine, adults can swallow about two tablespoons of water per hour (or 32 milliliters), and children about eight tablespoons (four times more). They spend twice as long submerged.
Indoor Pool Liners Get the news on Google News